There are a few things that I have learned from Dylan in 4 1/2 years..
- If you change their diaper, they will poop as soon as you walk away
- If you clean up the toys, there will be twice as many toys on the floor the next time you come into the room
- As soon as they take a bath, they will want to eat spaghetti
- As soon as they are in bed, they want a snack
My mom is probably laughing right now and chanting ”I told you so!
Here are a few things my mom learned from me.. in 18 years..
- If you buy something new; whether it be a car or a couch, I will puke on it (ha ha)
- Put sunscreen on the kid!
- Lipstick does not come out off couch cushions
- When adult says “NO”, wild teenager hears “YES” (ha ha ha)
In the end, valuable lessons are learned, tears are shed, probably by both mom and child, and hugs are given.
Dylan has taught me some of the most important lessons in my life (He is a pretty smart 4-year-old)
- Love is unconditional I still get hugs and kisses and cuddled after his timeout
- Dinosaurs buried themselves in the dirt
- Love comes in all forms “Mom, I got something for you cause I love you. It was in my nose”
- Sometimes sleeping with a stuffed animal makes you feel better
- Saying sorry takes a lot of effort, but has a huge effect
- No one is going to love you more than your child does
Pretty good so far.. I am looking forwards to the many more years of lessons (or should I be worried?)
I’d like to end by saying “Sorry for my teenage years, mom! I love you!”
Children think they know.. but they have noooo idea!